How to Send and Receive Server Emails through a 3rd Party
|Username:||Use the full email address|
|Password:||Use the email account’s password|
|Incoming POP3 Server:||slmp-550-7.slc.westdc.net|
POP3 Port: 995
|Outgoing SMTP Server:||slmp-550-7.slc.westdc.net|
SMTP Port: 465
- To check email using 3rd party software go into Gmail, Microsoft Mail, Yahoo, or whichever mail client you want to use, and add a new account using the "Incoming POP3 Server" info. I use gmail, and in gmail the option to add a new account is in Settings > Accounts and Imports > Add a Mail Account.
- It then asks for the email address, on the next page it asks for the server (slmp-550-7.slc.westdc.net), pop3 port (995), & password. Fill it out using the "Incoming POP3 Server" info.
- They will then send an email verification. After you click the link in the email you will be verified to receive emails from the website using the 3rd party software.
- It will ask if you want to send emails using this account, click Yes, and use the "Outgoing SMTP Server" info to fill out the questions.
- After that they will send you another verification email, after clicking the link, it should be fully setup to send and receive emails using the 3rd party program you chose.
- After it's setup you will be able to send and receive emails easily. When you have multiple email addresses connected to one account you can click your email address when composing a new message to select which email address you want to send from. It will automatically reply using the same address you are contacted at.