A forwarder sends your emails from one email address to another. Often times it’s more convenient to forward emails from your business email addresses to a your personal Gmail or iCloud email address. Rarely do people use server email clients like RoundCube, or Squirrel Mail.
Here are instructions on setting up an email forwarder for websites hosted by Chico Designs
- Using your browser go to your domain name with /cpanel appended to the end of your domain name. eg. http://your-domain.com/cpanel
- Login using your username / password. If you don’t remember your account info email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once in the cPanel go to Mail > Forwarders
- Click the “Add Forwarder” button
- Under Address, type the email address you want to forward from. eg. Robert. Under destination, type an email address you use and want your email forwarded to. eg. a Gmail, iCloud, or outlook email address.
Need Help: You can also email email@example.com with a list of aliases you want setup, and where you want the emails forwarded, and we will set them up for you.
TIP: If you want to prevent forwarded emails from ending up in the spam folder you can use a filter. Here is an information about setting up filters in gmail.